Special Guest Dr. Jocelyn Curry DPM
Talking Podiatry with Dr. Jocelyn Curry DPM
Dr. Jocelyn Curry talks about her expertise in foot/ankle care.
Podiatrist Dr. Jocelyn Curry, DPM of Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia
This week I’m joined by Dr. Jocelyn Curry, DPM. She is a podiatrist with Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia. She’ll talk about the variety of foot & ankle surgical and medical management services she provides in her Lithonia and Midtown office locations, including: Surgical correction of bunions and hammertoes, heel pain/ plantar fasciitis, custom orthotics, reconstructive foot surgery for deformity, sports injuries, and workers compensation foot & ankle care. Dr. Curry’s professional special interests are in forefoot surgery, tendon injury repair and diabetic limb reconstruction.
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, Temple University of Podiatric Medicine
- Residency, Atlanta Department of Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Member: American Podiatric Medical Association, Georgia Podiatric Medical Association, American Diabetes Association
In her own words: Medicine has been her lifelong passion and she feels blessed when a patient puts their trust and health in her hands. Dr. Curry states “I treat every patient with the utmost respect and care, as if they were my own family member. I enjoy meeting new patients daily and exploring the challenges of podiatric medicine.”
Multi-Specialty Discussion On Prevention of Amputation
Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention
In the US alone there are over 20,000 lower extremity amputations per month. As many as 68% of them have not had a basic vascular study to determine if revascularization could help save the leg. This week I’ll talk with Dr. Mohammad Sharif of Village Podiatry Centers, Dr. Doug Redd of Advanced Vascular Resources, and Dr. David Schwegman of Hyperbaric Physicians of Georgia. They’ll be discussing the multi-specialty team approach that is necessary for the best outcomes in patients with limb-threatening wounds. They will talk about important things patients need to know about. This includes things such as how important it is to have a vascular study to see if peripheral vascular disease (PAD) is present. It is important to know that simply checking pulses is not effective enough when lower extremity amputation is a potential outcome. Patients with risk factors for lower extremity amputation need to be followed by a foot & ankle specialist such as a DPM for care along with a certified wound specialist (not just a doctor or nurse who does wound care).
Dr. Mohammad Sharif, DPM of Village Podiatry Centers
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. William Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
- Internship, University of Texas Health Science Center
- Surgical Residency, Harris County Podiatric Surgical Residency Program
- Board Certified in Foot & Reconstructive Ankle Surgery
- Certified in Microvascular Surgery, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dr. Doug Redd, MD of Advanced Vascular Resources of Atlanta
- Doctorate of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
- Internship, Emory University Hospital
- Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, Emory University Hospital
- Fellowship, Angiography & Interventional Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Dr. David Schwegman, MD of Hyperbaric Physicians of Georgia
- Doctorate of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Ohio State University
- Board Certified, Emergency Medicine
- Certified Wound Specialist
- Former Assist. Professor, Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
Dr. Lipman and Dr. Alarcon discuss treating Uterine Fibroids without surgery.
Special guests Dr. John Lipman of Atlanta Interventional Institute and Dr. Carlos Alarcon of Marietta OB-GYN are featured on this week’s program. They share information about amazing minimally-invasive procedures and the multi-specialty team approach they use to treat uterine fibroids.
Top Docs Radio features healthcare providers and professionals sharing their expertise to “Get the Word Out” about a variety of health problems, treatments and community concerns to elevate our community’s well-being.
THIS WEEK’S TOPIC:
Treatment Options for Prostate Cancer
Dr. James Bennett talks prostate prevention, diagnosis, treatment.
This week, I was joined by two physicians who regularly work with men facing prosate cancer. Dr. Peter Rossi and Dr. James Bennett to discuss the variety of treatment options available for men dealing with this cancer that affects as many as one in six men.
The host of Top Docs Radio is Charles “CW” Hall with Hyperbaric Physicians of Georgia.
Peter Rossi, MD, Emory St. Joseph’s Hospital Radiation Oncology
- Doctorate of Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Internship, Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Residency, Wake Forest University Medical Center
- Board Certified, Radiation Oncology
- Fellowship in low dose rate and high dose rate brachytherapy for prostate cance treatment
- Contributor on many clinical trials studying treatment of prostate cancer
James Bennett, MD, Midtown Urology
- Doctorate of Medicine, Duke University
- Urology Residency, Emory University Medical Center
- Board Certified in Urology
- Fellow of American College of Surgery
- Assistant Medical Director, Emory University Hospital Midtown
- Recipient, Practitioner of the Year 1999, by National Medical Association
- Author of over 40 scientific articles on urologic topics
Dr. James Bennett, Charles “CW” Hall, Dr. Peter Rossi