Top Docs Radio features healthcare providers and professionals sharing their expertise to “Get the Word Out” about a variety of health problems, treatments and community concerns to elevate our community’s well-being.
THIS WEEK’S TOPIC:
Rehabilitation After Breast Reconstruction Surgery and Radiation Therapy
This week, we’re going to talk more about the experience of chemotherapy, memory issues that can arise during treatment – sometimes referred to as “chemo brain”, and learn all about Turning Point in Sandy Springs, a rehabilitation facility that focuses on the needs of patients who have had previous radiation therapy.
The host of Top Docs Radio is Charles “CW” Hall with Hyperbaric Physicians of Georgia.
- 12 year Stage II breast cancer survivor, treated with chemotherapy and radiation
- Founder of ChemoChic and ChemoFlage
- Recipient of “Yoplait Champion” award and recognized by the Susan G. Komen Foundation and SELF Magazine for her community work
- Community Outreach Coordinator for Turning Point Breast Cancer Rehabilitation (and former patient)
- Surviving cancer
- Master Gardener
- Supportive counselor and companion to friends going through diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
- Active in church and neighborhood activities